Waiting List - Keys To Successful Trading - ALL SEATS TAKEN!
Hosted by Tom Basso and Laurens Bensdorp
October 4&5, 2019
Las Vegas, Nevada
Founder and President, enjoytheride.world
- Former President of Trendstat Capital Management, Inc, a Scottsdale money manager handling 600 million dollars at the peak for clients all over the world.
- Retired board member of National Futures Association.
- Retired board member of National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM).
- Published numerous research papers on money management and trading.
- Dubbed "Mr. Serenity" by Jack Schwager in The New Market Wizards.
- BS in Chemical Engineering and an Master in Business Administration, so applied math and science to the trading of investments at Trendstat Capital Management.
- Author of Successful Traders Size Their Positions - Why and How? and Panic-Proof Investing which is dedicated to helping investors with the process of good investing.
Trading Mastery School
- Founder and CEO of the Trading Mastery School, a mentoring program for serious traders wanting to achieve higher levels of success in their trading with clients from many countries around the globe.
- Author of The 30-Minute Stock Trader, a best seller on Amazon and a great guide to creating easy-to-execute strategies that help the trader remain disciplined and reduce the stress of trading.
- Laurens was featured in Van Tharp’s book, Trading Beyond the Matrix, in which he explains how he transformed himself from a losing trader into a winner.
- Has lived in 5 countries and speaks five languages.
Two days jam packed with information on trading presented by Tom Basso, enjoytheride.world and Laurens Bensdorp, Trading Mastery School. A rare chance to learn from two experienced traders how to trade successfully. The agenda is the entire trading process from buy/sell and position sizing to portfolio selection, multiple strategies and the mental side of trading. Participants will receive a free ETR Trading Tools for Excel, an electronic copy of Tom's new position sizing book, and a copy of The 30-Minute Stock Trader book.
Put your name on the waiting list in case someone cancels. In any case you'll be the first contacted if Laurens and I decide to do another seminar down the road.
An agenda of what we will cover:
Friday, October 4, 2019
8:30 AM Introductions; Create your Personal Inventory/Profile to start creating a strategy for you.
10:00 AM Break for Coffee, Tea
10:30 AM Learn to trade according to your preferred life style
- Trade according to your risk tolerance
- Trade according to your personalized strategy
- If you do not do this, you will fail
- Have clarity of who you are as a trader and what objectives, risk tolerances and what trade strategy suits you
- Have rock solid confidence in executing your strategy because it is designed around you
- No desire to override your trading system
- No fear, hesitation or doubt
- A guaranteed stress-free trading operation so you can sleep relaxed and not worry
- 10:30 AM Learn about various Buy/Sell Engines, some of their advantages and disadvantages.
- There are thousands of ways to trade.
- You must have a strategy to trigger the trader called the buy/sell engine.
- We will go over a variety of buy/sell engines, discuss their advantages and disadvantages and help you to narrow down a buy/sell engine for you.
1:30 PM Discussion on having more than one strategy and the benefits of diversifying by strategy.
- The magic of combining multiple non correlated systems
- Not having any fear about what the market will do
- Whether it goes up or down, you do not care because for all scenarios you have strategies in place
- Understand how multiple strategies work for you
- 3 stock trading systems that give you a combined back-tested (add disclaimer that these are back-tested returns and it eventually depends on the personality and risk tolerance of each individual how they will apply this) return of more than 40% annual returns since 1995 with half less than half the risk / drawdown of the SP 500
- Have total clarity WHY it is impossible to have one single system that makes money in all market types and why you need to combine different systems to increase risk adjusted return and lower volatility
- Understand why a single systems performance is NOT what you are after. Kit is the combined performance
- We become immune for what the market direction does. If it goes up or down – we do not care
3:30 PM Learn about sizing positions and why that is more important than the buy/sell over the long run.
- Tom – How to size your initial stock or futures position using risk and/or volatility
- How to size your ongoing stock or futures position using risk and/or volatility
- Managing positions sizes by total portfolio risk
7:00PM Dinner at one of Las Vegas’ top restaurants for participant and one guest
- Have the experience to dine in one of Vegas’ top restaurants
- Spectacular view, spectacular food and wine, great conversation with Laurens, Tom and the other participants
- 8:30 AM Find out some ways to select your portfolio and manage it.
- Understand Why we need to have clarity what portfolio or instrument we want to trade
- Understand the pros and cons of different portfolios
- Have clarity that for every trading style there is a portfolio and strategy available: high volume traders, low capital, high risk, low risk etc.
- Using common sense and correlations to select improve diversification
- Understand how to select smaller margined products to diversify a smaller futures portfolio.
10:30 AM A discussion of the mental side of trading, self-responsibility, self-awareness, discipline and emotion.
- Understanding from a market wizard what it takes
- How to live the serene life by Mr. Serenity
- Understand how to incorporate unexpected occurrences into your trading strategies
- Understand how to change mental states to position your mind in more helpful states for trading
1:30 PM Planning to trade, Strategy Checklist, Taking Action
3:30PM Questions and answers for Laurens and Tom
- Have the benefit to ask anything to Laurens and Tom.
- Free copies of Laurens’ and Tom’s latest books and a free copy of Tom’s Trading Tools for Excel
5:00 PM Formal end of seminar, but Laurens and Tom will stay until your questions are answered
Just click on "Add to cart" to register for the seminar!